What are dermal fillers?
Some of our patients in Phoenix, AZ are not convinced that cosmetic surgery is for them. Even after seeing the results themselves, they prefer less invasive procedures that will help achieve the same results. Dermal fillers are the best solution for adding fullness to the face, adding volume to the lips, enhancing shallow contours in the face, and reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
The results that dermal fillers provide can be immediately appreciated and it is definitely more affordable than undergoing cosmetic surgical procedures. However, the treatments of dermal fillers do not offer permanent results and patients in Phoenix, AZ would have to come back for retreatments if they want to maintain the results. Dermal fillers are usually done in combination with other cosmetic procedures since they cannot address certain skin problems like sagging skin.
Dermal fillers should only be done by licensed professionals. In our office in Phoenix, AZ, dermal fillers are administered on an outpatient basis. We often require our patients in Phoenix, AZ to submit to a skin test to check for any allergic reactions to the active ingredients of the dermal fillers that they receive. The dermal fillers will then be injected in small amounts until we are able to achieve the desired results.
What types of dermal fillers are popular in Phoenix, AZ?
Since dermal fillers were introduced in the US, different types of dermal filler have surfaced, each one addressing each and every beauty woe that a patient may have. Among all those, listed below are the most popular dermal fillers among our patients in Phoenix, AZ:
- Botox – this dermal filler has been widely used in cosmetic procedures and continues to be the number one choice of patients in Phoenix, AZ and in the US because of its time-tested effectiveness and flexibility of use. Botox is made from the botulinum toxin A that inhibits the movement of a muscle once it is introduced to the skin. Your surgeon will target the muscle that is responsible for creating the facial line or wrinkle and directly inject Botox into that muscle to stop any more facial movements. The effects of one Botox treatment usually lasts for about 4 to 6 months and patients would have to come in for touch-ups if they want to maintain the results.
- Juvederm – Juvederm is an injectable filler that was developed by the makers of Botox. This dermal filler is made from hyaluronic acid which naturally occurs in our body. Hyaluronic acid functions to maintain volume in parts of the body and is gradually depleted when we age. Juvederm brings back the lost hyaluronic acid and instantly adds volume. The effects of Juvederm are very natural looking and subtle. It works best for smoothing lines and wrinkles, lip enhancement, restoring volume to the cheeks, and improving the definition of the jaw line. The effects of Juvederm may last for almost a year.
- Voluma – The only FDA-approved filler to correct age-related volume loss in the mid face. This creates a smoother contour and more youthful appearance. It instantly provides a smooth, natural-looking lift for the mid face that can last 18 – 24 months with optimal treatment. Dr. Stockton is one of the first in the valley to offer this treatment.
- Vollure – Vollure reduces wrinkles and nasolabial folds in the face.
- Volbella – Volbella is an FDA-approved filler that adds fullness to the lips and reduces wrinkles around the mouth. The filler is a smooth gel that creates a more natural look.
Master Injector Voluma Trained by Mauricio de Maio, MD from Brazil