Have you noticed a few more wrinkles than usual when you look in the mirror? Maybe you want to do something about them, but you aren’t quite ready for a cosmetic surgery procedure just yet. Dermal fillers may just be the answer for you! Read on for some facts about this quick and noninvasive way to improve the look of your skin.
- There are different types of dermal fillers, and each one can address a different issue. Fillers can be made from skin-nurturing ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, calcium hydroxylapatite, and poly-L-lactic acid. These ingredients can help to moisturize the skin, add structure to skin that is sagging, and stimulate collagen production. Botox is another very popular filler – it is made of the botulinum toxin A and works by preventing muscles underneath the facial skin from moving and causing wrinkles.
- Younger people are getting fillers now, too. People under 30 are beginning to ask about fillers, to help correct flaws they are seeing, but also to try to prevent wrinkles and other signs of aging from forming.
- You need an expert to inject a filler. Before the procedure, you’ll meet with a filler expert at Stockton Dermatology. The two of you can discuss the issues you feel you have, and the expert injector can advise you on which filler you should get and then inject the filler in the precise location to give you the best results.
- Depending on the type of filler you get, you may see results for 1 to 2 years.
- There is no downtime after getting a dermal filler. You should avoid high temperatures, including hot tubs, saunas, and the sun, for 24 hours after getting your filler – but this is all you have to do. Most patients can return to their normal activities right after treatment.
One last thing you should know about dermal fillers is that patients love them! Once a patient has had a dermal filler procedure, the odds are pretty good they’ll be back again for more. Patients like the look of their younger, firmer skin and how easy and quick the filler procedure is. Call Stockton Dermatology in Phoenix, AZ, for a dermal filler consultation, at (480) 610-6366.