While we do everything in our power to make you feel comfortable before, during, and after your procedure, we understand that sometimes anxiety takes over and you need a little more help. That’s why we offer PRO-NOX for our patients that need to take a little more of the edge off.
What is PRO-NOX?
PRO-NOX is a nitrous oxide system that delivers a 50/50 split of oxygen and nitrous oxide gases to any patient that requests it during a procedure. PRO-NOX is done right in our Phoenix office.
Our patients love PRO-NOX for several reasons:
- It works instantly
- Effects wear off in just five minutes
- Patients are able to drive themselves home after their treatment
- It reduces anxiety, allowing patients to relax during treatment
- It relieves pain or discomfort during more aggressive treatments
- The amount of nitrous oxide delivered is controlled by the patient
- It’s simple to administer; it’s inhaled through the mouth or nose
- It can be added to any procedure
Who is a good candidate to add PRO-NOX to a treatment?
That is really up to the individual. Different people have different pain tolerances and have varying levels of anxiety. What some people might find anxiety-inducing or uncomfortable, others may not be bothered by. Because it is such a personal and individual thing, it’s up to you to decide whether you’d like to use PRO-NOX during a procedure or treatment.
Are there any side effects with PRO-NOX?
No. One of the great things about PRO-NOX is that there are no side effects. Nitrous oxide has been used in dental procedures for over 150 years and when evenly mixed with oxygen it wears off quickly. It really is the ideal way to ease nerves and minimize anxiety during a procedure. You may experience some slight dizziness or nausea if you inhale too much nitrous oxide but it is rare. We also will talk to you through how to effectively use PRO-NOX before we start treatment.