The desire to have clear, healthy skin is something that we all have in common. If you suffer from skin discoloration that is linked to conditions like sun spots, acne scars, age spots, and melasma, Dr. Toni Stockton at Stockton Dermatology has a variety of treatments for you to choose from. During your initial consultation with Dr. Stockton, she will evaluate your skin conditions and help create a customized treatment plan for you. From chemical peels to skin brightening creams, this article will discuss the options we offer our patients to get rid of skin discoloration. Read on to learn more.
- Chemical Peels: Chemical peels typically use a chemical like glycolic acid to remove the top few layers of the skin. By removing these layers, your skin’s natural response will be to regenerate new, healthy skin— getting rid of discoloration in the process.
- Microdermabrasion: Although it’s a different process, the logic behind microdermabrasion is the same as with chemical peels. However, rather than using a chemical agent, microdermabrasion uses hundreds of microscopic crystals to exfoliate the skin and get rid of the top few layers.
- Cryotherapy: Primarily suitable for skin conditions like sun and age spots, Cryotherapy uses liquid nitrogen to freeze the spots off your face.
- Dermaplaning: By surgically removing the top few layers of skin, dermaplaning is a non-invasive way to give you real results.
- Skin Brightening Creams: If you are suffering from skin discoloration due to things like melasma or hyperpigmentation, we might recommend that you use a skin brightening cream. Skin brightening creams work from the inside out to correct uneven skin tones and brighten the skin in the process.
No matter what type of skin discoloration you are suffering from, we have a treatment for you. To learn more about these treatment options, contact Dr. Toni Stockton’s office today.