We have all had to deal with acne to some degree or another. Even adults can get the occasional pimple, which is annoying but can usually be handled with an over-the-counter face wash or cream. But what if you have persistent, painful acne that doesn’t seem to go away no matter what you try? You may be wondering at what point you should go and see a dermatologist about acne treatment instead of trying to deal with it yourself.
When is it time to get help for acne?
Here are some signs that it may be time to make that appointment:
- Those cleansers and soaps you get at the grocery store used to be able to control your acne, but now they just aren’t doing the trick. Your dermatologist may be able to prescribe something that is stronger and more effective or recommend a treatment that would help.
- You can’t use over-the-counter creams or cleansers because your skin is too sensitive and it just ends up red and irritated.
- Your acne is painful and looks inflamed. This may be a sign of cystic acne or nodules, both of which are difficult to get rid of and won’t go away on their own over time. It also is a sign that your acne may leave scars.
- Your acne is affecting your self-esteem and keeping you from enjoying life as you should. If you are sitting at home because you are embarrassed by your acne, it is time to get help so that you can get out into the world again!
- You are tired of looking at scars left over from acne problems in your youth. These deep scars are close to impossible to get rid of without treatment from a doctor.
A visit to the dermatologist for acne that just won’t go away can help your confidence and self-esteem and can also help you to find relief from painful acne flare ups. Call Stockton Dermatology in Phoenix, AZ, for an appointment. Stop depending on the cleanser you get from the grocery store to treat your acne – call (480) 610-6366 today!