What are skin discoloration treatments?
Stockton Dermatology in Phoenix, AZ has a variety of skin correction treatments to suit your every need. Skin discoloration treatments work by reducing the amount of irregular pigmentation in the patient’s skin. Most of our patients come in for skin discoloration treatments to repair the effects of acne scars, age spots, and skin discoloration due to hormonal changes, such as Melasma.
What are the treatment options skin discoloration?
Thanks to innovations in cosmetic technology, patients in Phoenix, AZ now have a variety of skin discoloration treatments to choose from. Below are the most common skin correction solutions that to make our patient’s skin tone even and radiant.
- Chemical Peels – this skin enhancing procedure involves application of a chemical solution to the patient’s skin which causes the outer layers of the skin to dissolve or peel away. This actually causes a controlled damage to the skin which triggers the regeneration of healthier skin. Chemical peels work best as a skin brightening solution for all skin types, but may require pre-treatment with topicals for darker complexions.
- Microdermabrasion – this resurfacing procedure involves gently removing the outermost layer of dead skin cells, resulting in a brighter, smoother complexion This procedure also enhances the absorption of topical solutions, that can further enhance reduction of hyperpigmentation and sun damage.
- Dermaplaning – this treatments is also referred to as epidermal leveling and involves the surgical (non-invasive) removal of the top layers of the patient’s skin. This treatment works best for those who want gentle resurfacing, and are not ideal candidates for other treatments such as peels, lasers and microdermabrasion.
- Cryotherapy – this involves the use of liquid nitrogen that will freeze the skin lesions and facilitate their removal. The excess of melanin that causes dark spots will be forced to the surface of the skin and will be naturally sloughed off 3 to 4 months after cryotherapy.
- Melanage Peel– This treatment is ideal for patients struggling with resistant hyperpigmentation and Melasma that has not responded to other treatments. A medicated mask in applied in our office, and the patient goes home with a strict skin care regimen that must be followed for the next 30 days. Most patients experience a rapid reduction in discoloration in as little as two weeks, with up to 90% reduction after 30 days. This treatment also helps to control future acne breakouts.
- Skin brightening creams – not all skin brightening creams on the market are able to deliver what they promise. At Stockton Dermatology we offer a wide array of skin brighteners to suit your needs. For resistant, stubborn hyperpigmention and Melasma, specialty creams may be compounded in our office to address your skin concerns.
Lytera 2.0 for Hyperpigmentation
A new way to address the appearance of hyperpigmentation. Lyterea 2.0 Pigment Correcting Serum is an advanced formulation clinically shown to dramatically reduce the appearance of even the most stubborn hyperpigmentation across diverse skin tones and all skin types.
Restore your skin to its most beautiful shade of even
- Clinically shown to dramatically reduce the appearance of even the most stubborn discoloration, across all skin tones and types
- Improvements seen in as early as 2 weeks with progressively dramatic results at 12 weeks and beyond
- Optimizes other procedures or prescription products
- For all skin types; non-hydroquinone, retinol-free, paraben-free, fragrance-free, and non-comedogenic formulation
Call our office to learn more about treatments for skin discoloration in Phoenix, AZ.
Contact us to get more information about any of these treatments.
Call (480) 610-6366