After nearly two decades, BOTOX is still a household name as a hugely successful and safe treatment to smooth out lines and wrinkles on their face and neck. If you’ve been wondering if BOTOX could be right for you, read on to learn more about the most popular non-surgical treatment for lines and wrinkles on the market today.
- BOTOX was first approved by the FDA in 2002 and contains the active ingredient botulinum toxin type A, which temporarily blocks nerve messages sent from the muscle to the brain, thus relaxing the muscle.
- BOTOX treats lines and wrinkles on your forehead, around your mouth and neck.
- BOTOX treats dynamic wrinkles, which are wrinkles that form when a muscle contracts. This is what happens when you make expressions such as laugh or frown.
- BOTOX is not effective on static wrinkles, which are wrinkles that appear all the time and are caused by sun damage, loss of collagen and aging itself.
- BOTOX injections are administered through very fine needles into a treatment area. Most patients don’t need numbing cream but may ask for ice compresses after treatment to soothe the treatment areas.
- BOTOX is commonly used to treat horizontal forehead lines, drooping brow line, frown lines, downturned corners of the mouth, undereye wrinkles, crow’s feet and vertical neck bands.
- BOTOX may be performed as its own treatment or in combination with dermal fillers and other treatments to achieve the facial rejuvenation you desire.
- BOTOX requires no downtime, and most patients return to their normal activities immediately after injections. You may notice some mild redness and swelling at the injection sites. You’ll want to limit exercise and activities for the first week after treatment.
- BOTOX results appear in just a few days and will last for up to three to four months. You’ll want to return for additional treatments to maintain and prolong results.
If you’re interested in finding out of BOTOX is right for you, call (480) 610-6366 for a consultation.